Search This Blog

Thursday, November 06, 2014

blogger interview - your style , your personality


-The idea of this issue comes form my subscribing of some blogger colleagues` posts. Those bloggers, they are the ones who chose to contribute to fashion by styling themselves . The way they dressing up is very own which makes me experience different personalities. They comes from different places , with different experiences of life , what they have in common is they treat fashion as their self-presence.

I have the honor to interview three distinctive fashion&Style bloggers. This interview focus on there sections: A. How you define your personal style ? B. What is your personality? Tell me some experiences happened in your life which makes who you are today? C. What kind of styles you would like to give a try in the future ?



From left: Esther Santer,monika berdnik,Surbhi Suri



ChicNova
Esther Santer , fashion&style blogger who runs 
Q: I can feel that in your post  ,your style is like something  youth combined with something dynamic and something like teen vogue  , Am i right? How you define your style?  So is this your favorite style? If so, then what makes you dress yourself like this?

A: I define my style as rugged chic with a Parisian vibe. I love big sweaters, stacks of gold jewelry, midi rings, lingerie inspired dresses, chunky heels, ankle booties, and everything embellished . I can also definitely see the youth dynamic you mentioned about my style. I am constantly redefining my look based on current and past influences, specifically my time in Paris. I spent a year living there and fell in love with the effortless chic many of my friends embodied. I took that Parisian elegance and combined it with the "grunge" I find in New York City in order to form a look I can call my own.


Western Winter Bat Sleeve Fur Collar Women Cardigan
Q:Please tell me your personality, like something which happened in your life  makes who you are today. Like some examples.


A:People generally describe me as happy, really friendly, and energetic. If I'm not laughing about something, I'm probably off having a serious fashion moment. I dream big and I honestly believe that anyone can do anything if they try hard enough. I love life and all the opportunities that come with it. If I had a catch phrase, it would probably be something along the lines of, "Opportunities don't wait." It is that phrase that brought me to Paris for what started as a vacation and turned into a year-long adventure. That phrase got me into both a Kohl's and a Nissan taxi commercial. It brought me to NYC and forced me to dive head-first into the cut throat fashion industry. And it inspired my dedication to building my blog and getting invited to New York Fashion Week.It is those experiences, as well as a hundred others, that molded me into who I am today. I am not afraid of any challenge and every success helps me push myself even farther.  


Q:Please tell me what kind of style you would like to try in the future, ?  Why you wanna try it ?


A:In the future, I would love to incorporate more monochrome outfits into my everyday style. It is a look I love, and I do not do it enough. I would also love to bring more menswear inspired pieces into my wardrobe. I am always wearing dresses and mini skirts, so I would love to play around by mixing the two. 



Monika Berdnik , fashion&beauty blogger , 

Q:I can feel that in your post "R.I.P diet" ,your style is like something combined punk , a little bit rock music , and something like naughty girl. I do like it. So is this your favorite style? If so, then what makes you dress yourself like this?



A:You are completely right, this style was inspired by music, rock is my favorite music genre. Music inspires me a lot with my clothing, so here the punk influence is definitely visible. Since punk is known to be a more rebellious genre, this style would fit under it, especially because of the sweater.It is hard to say what is my favorite style, because I like to mix things up, sometimes I dress classy, sometimes casual, something naughty, sometimes vintage. I like different kinds of styles, because I do have a lot of different interests in all kinds of areas or fields.I also get bored really quick with something, so that is why I mix all kind of different styles to keep it interesting.

Q:Please tell me your personality, like something which happened in your life  makes who you are today. Like some examples.


A:I would describe my personality as sweet, quiet, sometimes shy, I definitely have a temper, I don`t let anyone walk over me, I am more reserved with people, I like to do thing by myself.I`ve always been interested in fashion, I love looking at fashion designers and what trends are in. But if something is currently trendy,that doesn`t mean I would wear it, I wear what I like.Like I mentioned, I`ve always been interested in fashion, but most clothes did not look good on me, because I use to be fat. And then,I was just sick of being unhealthy and sick of looking terrible in most clothing I liked, so I decided to drop the weight and do exercising.The reason I liked this sweater is because I didn`t lose the weight with some crazy diet, I lost it by exercising and eating right.So I just wanted to make a statement, that you can still lose weight without going on a diet.But fashion is still a hobby to me, I don`t think I will find a job in that field. I study engineering, so I will find my future job in that field.I am very interesting in digital animation, sound and movie editing, or to be exact just anything with manipulating digital files.


Q:Please tell me what kind of style you would like to try in the further, and why you wanna try that ?


A:I am very curious what fashion will bring us in the next few years. Maybe some vintage trends will return, maybe we will see something completely new. I love vintage clothing, especially from the 1950s, middle 1960s and 1970s, so that I would definitely try.We see a little bit of that inspiration in todays` fashion as well, but not as much.It would also be very interesting to see a new trend, something we have never seen before, something that is completely new,that would be very interesting.As much as like seeing some old trends returning, like high waist pants for example, I would love it if we see something new,totally creative, because eventually we will run out of inspirations from the past and so something new can definitely come.

Surbhi Suri , India based fashion&lifestyle 
blogger , running site http://www.thefashion
flite.com/
Q:I can feel that in your post  ,your style is like something combined Indian costumes with urban looks, Am i right?  So is this your favorite style? How your define your style?  then what makes you dress yourself like this?

A: Yes, Being born in India, My blog is about the right mix of urban and Indian  outfits.I love to dress up in Indian wear(mostly Sari ) but not often . Indian wearing is always elegant, and with a right amount of supporting of Indian makeup and essentials , it really defines elegance than no other outfits.My style lately has been about mixing Indian and western elements and creating looks that seldom any blogger does, and my readers like it that way. India is famous for its traditional beads , thread and mirror work, i am always on a scout for sourcing some unique pieces,for variations in styles so that I could stand out.

Q:Please tell me your personality, like something which happened in your life that makes who you are today. Like some examples.

A:I  am a natural shy person but I know that I am confident.  I remained an introvert personality  all throughout my life , thus blogging was the only medium and source in which I could open up in a certain way to people I came across virtually. Connecting with readers , appreciating their love and staying humble was my way out of my own personal brand of introversion and to revel in it. 

Q:Please tell me what kind of style you would like to try in the further, and why you wanna try that ?

A: I am really up with the sneakers trend these days. And I wanna wear it with an Indian outfit, and still rock it. Guess I wanna try that because I believe (in my head) I would be the first one to do it. Also I want to try to wear a turban with an Indian outfit.




Weekly Picks

No comments:

Blog Archive